My Top 5 Pinterest Tips & Tricks
- Visual Matters A lot: Make sure your pictures are rockin'. Use Canva or Picmonkey to help properly size and design your images for Pinterest. I love using my own photos but, in the end, I chose to outsource to stock photos sites. I had to give on something and since photography is a true hobby of mine, I decided to save it for myself.
- Collaborate: Use Tailwind and find a tribe. Accept invitations to become contributors on relevant boards and invite people you think would be worthwhile contributors to your boards. Don't bet it all on contributor boards though – be sure to bring your own flavor to the platform.
- Post Consistently and post content other than your own. Post regularly to help keep your audience engaged and to increase your overall exposure. Use a tool such as Tailwind to help you schedule regularly and across a variety of boards and topics.
- Titles and Description Matter: Pay attention to the SEO of your titles and your descriptions. Make sure your images on your blog post have good SEO optimized titles. Use a plugin like Social Warfare to have a bot more control over the images and descriptions. Don't be afraid to use Pinterest's search box to see what words other people are using in their searches.
- Explore Promoted Pins: Promoting pins are worth it for driving traffic, optimizing for popular posts, and for affiliate posts.
I hope you found this helpful!