Have you heard?
Facebook Live is where ‘it' is at. (Here is what I've learned about Facebook Live so far.)
(Yeah, I'm not sure what ‘it' is but I know it's going to be big.)
The possibilities for Facebook Live seem endless across the board.
Everyone should be doing it.
Everyone will be doing it.
“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.” ~ Thomas Jefferson
Bottom line: FB Live is the tool to connect more authentically with your audience.
So how do you rock Facebook Live?
Here are a few quick tips & Facebook Live tools that changed my Facebook Live world.
Useful Facebook Live Tools
- A tripod is a must have for a few reasons. #1 – a tripod keeps you and your viewers from getting sea sick by reducing the shakiness of your handheld. #2 – a tripod frees up your body and your hands to move about effortlessly to access materials and to be more effective at speaking with your audience.
- Microphones make a big difference in sound quality. This particular microphone is reasonably priced and omnidirectional delivering super high quality audio. You plug this one right into your iPhone and you're good to go.
- Light attachment for your smart phone! Loads of people buy this attachment for selfies. So it makes sense that it will work well with Facebook Live events.
- Lenses depending on what you're trying to capture during your Live. If you are an athlete or outdoors trying to capture an event, a wide angle or, on the other end of the spectrum, a macro lens will help out.
- The Iographer filmmaking case is a great way to add loads of stabilization to your recording if you're moving (walking, etc) in your recording.
- Canva, Picmonkey, or image editing to add a thumbnail to your live post recording.
Hear me now. Don't be daunted by Facebook LIVE tools. I know being in front of a camera is scary. Honestly, I hate it and hate watching my Live events post recording, but I believe 100% in experimenting until finding an approach that works for you and your audience. So, I keep plugging away, recording, and researching best practices for myself but also to share with you.
Turn your content into cash. Get the latest professional blogging and small business resources, ideas, and tips.
Ready to Monetize Your Newsletter?
Join the waitlist for Strategic Email Marketing for Bloggers.