Defining Your Email Marketing Goals
It really doesn't get much sexier than defining email marketing goals but I promise to make it as fun as possible.
So, you have an email subscriber list, congratulations. Now, what are you going to do with it?
You must ask yourself, what is the point of my email marketing strategy?
Here are a few ideas for your email marketing goals:
- To add value to your reader's life
- To get to know your reader
- To increase visibility of your brand
- To drive traffic to your blog
- To generate income for your business
A few general points about email marketing strategy:
- The biggest mistake you can do is write an email each week and blast it out to your entire list. There are a time and a place for these emails within your email marketing strategy.
- Every email you send should have a specific goal that ties back to your overarching business goals.
- You need a promotional plan for your products and your affiliate partners' products.
- Your emails should optimize for open and click rates. In other words, email COPY matters A LOT.
- You should scrub your list every few months using a resource like Mailbox Validator.
- Quality trumps quantity any and every day. Your deliverability and subsequently your conversions will tell you the story.
- You don't need a big list to make money with it.
- Funnels are amazing at selling your products and your affiliates' products but you have to go slow and execute with a plan.
Seems like a lot, right? Yeah, but don't worry, I am going to walk you through each of these key areas.
Soon, you will be an email marketing rock star.
I will be in touch.