Valuable blog content is one of the most important things you can ever do for your blog. You know it’s important. I mean, it sounds obvious, right? Create awesome content and people will want to read and share your content. So, why does it seem more difficult once you start doing it?
One reason for this is simply how saturated the internet is with content these days. You can find anything about anything on the internet. When you’re creating content, you need it to stand out. The best way to do this is to create valuable content that adds something to the existing niche in a unique way.
Related Read: My Most Successful Subject Lines for August
It’s probably going to take some effort and some research to pull this off. Unless you’re in a very unique niche, there’s likely a lot of content on the internet already and to make your content in the same space valuable, you need to fill a gap. You need to address the reader’s pain points, and give them something useful that they’re not currently getting from other content that already exists.
Six steps to follow for creating valuable blog content:
- Be genuine – It shows when you’re not genuine. It shows much more than you might realize. If you’re not genuine, it will seep out of your content and turn the reader away. At best, it will just bore them and they won’t find your content interesting or valuable. They’re most likely to click away and not return. Take the time to be genuine and show it in your content.
- Be findable – It’s important you use the correct keywords to help your target audience find you online. SEO is worth the time to learn and there are tools available to help you as well. You can have the best content on a topic ever, but if no one can find it, it won’t make a difference.
- Be understandable – Is your content easy to read? Do people understand what you’re trying to say? Be succinct and to the point. Be clear, and give them what they need. Your information should be relevant and you should avoid talking about yourself too much. Telling a personal story to share a point is fine, but you need to include the audience if you want your content to be valuable to them.
- Be shareable – Will the reader want to share this with their friends? If not, why? What can you do to make it shareable? Not only do you want to create content that people want to share, you also need to make it very easy to do so. Use simple social share buttons. People won’t share if you make them jump through hoops to do it.
- Be actionable – Do you have clear calls to action? Is it clear to the reader what you want them to do when they read this content? Whether you want to inform, to entertain, to encourage them to take an action, or just to make them laugh, your content should be written in an actionable way to add value to the reader.
- Be readable – Your content should be short, actionable, and easy to read. Use bullets and lists where appropriate and use smaller paragraphs so there is more white space. Reading online puts more eye strain on the reader than reading a paper book or a magazine. Creating your content to be readable will help with this.
Now that you have these tips for creating valuable blog content, you can apply these tips to all of the content you create. It’s easy enough for most people to find ideas, but turning those ideas into quality valuable content can be more difficult. So, take your time. Do the research. Do the brainstorming, and make your content worth it.
Turn your content into cash. Get the latest professional blogging and small business resources, ideas, and tips.
Ready to Monetize Your Newsletter?
Join the waitlist for Strategic Email Marketing for Bloggers.